We appreciate your trust, and we will work hard to continue to earn it. We know that you care how information about your and your customers is used and shared.
To better protect you, we provide this notice explaining our online information practices and the choices you can make about the way your information is collected and used.
This Application collects some Personal Data from its Users.
This document contains a section dedicated to Californian consumers and their privacy rights.
This document can be printed for reference by using the print command in the settings of any browser.
This policy applies to:
- Visitors to our website
- Users of Keeper
We may amend this policy from time to time. We encourage you to review this policy periodically, as changes will be posted on this page. If we make any material changes to this policy we will provide a prominent notice. If you do not agree with this policy, you should not use our website, products or services.
While we encourage you to read the full policy, here is a summary of how we handle your personal information:
- We collect personal information that you disclose to us such as name, email, address, and other personal information.
- Some information such as IP address, browser, and device types are automatically collected when you visit our sites.
- We process your information for purposes based on real and legitimate business reasons.
- We may share information with your consent, to comply with laws, to protect your rights, in connection with a transaction, or to fulfill business obligations.
- We protect your personal information through a system of organizational and technical security measures.
- You may review, change, or delete your personal information at any time.
- We do not knowingly collect any data from or market to children under 16 years of age
Information We Collect
You will be required to establish an account in order to take advantage of certain features of Keeper. If you wish to establish an account, you will be required to provide us with information (including personally identifiable information and non-personally identifiable information). In addition, we may obtain your personally identifiable information from you if you identify yourself to us by sending us an e-mail with questions or comments.
Among the types of Personal Data that Keeper collects, by itself or through third parties, are:
- Your contact details: first name, last name, email address, social media profiles.
- Company information: practice name, phone/mobile number, postal address. website.
- Your login details: usernam (email address), password, account preferences, and usage data.
- Financial information: such as payment information and billing address.
- Technical information: such as the pages you visit on our website, the features you use, and the time and duration of your activities.
- Any information you provide to us when you fill in forms when signing up or on the site or when providing us with feedback.
Personally Identifiable Information
Personally identifiable information identifies you or can be used to identify or contact you. Examples of personally identifiable information may include your name, IP address, company name, job title, address, e-mail address, telephone number, and billing and credit card information.
Non-Personally Identifiable Information
Non-personally identifiable information is information, any single item of which, by itself, cannot be used to identify or contact you, which may include demographic information (such as age, profession, company industry, gender, current location, or zip code), IP addresses, browser types, domain names, and statistical data involving the use of Keeper services. Certain non-personally identifiable information may be considered a part of your personally identifiable information if it were combined with other identifiers (for example, combining your zip code with your street address) in a way that enables you to be identified. But the same pieces of information may be considered non-personally identifiable information when they are taken alone or combined only with other non-personally identifiable information (for example, your account preferences).
Information Automatically Collected
Information such as IP address, browser and device types
To improve our website and our services and to make them more efficient and more suited to our customer value proposition, our servers automatically collect technical data, among which some data might be personal information.
Keeper may collect the following data:
- Internet service providers
- IP Address
- HTTP errors
- Information on your equipment, including: your internet connection, the equipment you use to access Keeper, including the version and type of browser you use
- Connection time on the Site and duration of the use of the Services
- The links on which you click on the Site
- Standard information regarding the server log, the bandwidth, some software installed on your computer
Purpose Of The Data Processing
We process your information for purposes based on real and legitimate business reasons. Below we outline how and why we use the personal information we collected.
The main purpose of collecting personal information is to provide you with a safe, optimal, efficient, and personalized experience.
We may also use your personal information to:
- Allow you to use our Services and to provide you with related services.
- To respond to your requests for information.
- To contact you with updates about our services.
- To market and advertise our services, including sending marketing communications, with your consent.
- To analyze and improve our website and services.
- Comply with the current laws and regulations and our Terms of Services.
Keeper may use the data collected for other purposes, which you will be informed of at the time the data is collected and be asked to accept.
The Legal Basis For Collecting And Processing Information
We use the following legal bases for collecting Personal Information:
- We may collect or process information with your consent, such as when you subscribe to our weekly digest newsletter, ask for information, or sign up for services
- We may collect or process information we need to provide our services or fulfill a contractual obligation
- We may collect or process information to fulfill a legal obligation
- We may collect information when we have a legitimate interest to do so, such as for marketing, as long as our legitimate interests are not outweighed by your rights
- We may collect or process information if necessary to protect the vital interests of the user or another individual
How We Share Information
We only share information with your consent, to comply with laws, to protect your rights, in connection with a transaction, or to fulfill business obligations.
Keeper is committed to keeping all personal information collected via the Site and the Services and to sharing it only as described in this policy.
Keeper may share with third-parties aggregated data that does not identify you directly and that will allow Keeper to develop new Services, products, content, advertisements, on the Site to meet your needs and wishes.
We share Personal Information with our affiliates and partners, as needed to provide our services. We share Personal Information with service providers such as accountants, payment processing companies, and other vendors we use to operate our website and provide our products and services.
Our vendors and service providers are not permitted to use your personal information for any other purpose than to provide contracted services. Vendors are not permitted to use your personal information for their own marketing, and are not allowed to share your information for marketing purposes.
We may share personal information in response to a legal summons or subpoena, or if required by law enforcement agencies.
Keeping Your Data Safe
We hold ourselves responsible for protecting your personal information through a system of organizational and technical security measures.
We have implemented appropriate technical and organizational security measures designed to protect the security of any personal information we process. With that said, please remember, however, that we cannot guarantee the internet itself is 100% secure. We will do our best to protect your personal information, the transmission of personal information is, however, at your own risk. We recommend that you access the services within a secure environment.
Keeper retains your personal information for the period necessary to provide the Services and to answer your requests and in accordance with the applicable law and statute of limitation obligations.
International Data Transfers
The personal information we collect is stored and processed in United States, or where we or our partners, affiliates and third-party providers maintain facilities. By providing us with your personal information, you consent to the disclosure to these overseas third parties.
Personal Information may be transferred from users residing in the European Union to our servers, partners, or vendors located in the United States and other non-EU countries where there may not be an adequacy opinion issued with respect to that country. We have taken appropriate safeguards to ensure that Personal Information remains protected wherever it is transferred.
We take all reasonable steps to protect the information we receive from you from accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, and unauthorized disclosure or access. We have put in place appropriate physical, technical, and administrative measures to safeguard and secure your information, but no security measures are perfect; the risk of a data breach is possible.
Collection Of Information And Data From Minors
We do not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from children under age 16 without parental consent, unless permitted by law. If we become aware that we have collected personal information from children under the age of 16 without parental consent (or as permitted by law), we will delete it. If you believe that a child may have provided us with personal information without such parental consent, please contact us.
California consumers: We will not sell the information of California consumers who are 16 years old or younger unless we have prior parental authorization. If a California consumer is under the age of 13, a parent or guardian must consent to the sale of such minor’s personal information. If the California consumer is between the ages of 13 and 16 years old, the minor may consent on an opt-in basis to the sale of their personal information. Our sites directed toward children will ask for age verification and will require appropriate consent.
EU residents: We do not collect or process personal information of data subjects in the EU under the age of 16 without explicit consent from a parent or guardian. Our sites directed toward children will ask for age verification and will require appropriate consent.
In particular, we use the following cookies:
- Cookies allowing us to manage the User authentication
- Cookies allowing audience and statistical measurements on the Site
- Cookies allowing us to improve your browsing experience, for example by remembering whether you have clicked on the tooltip so as not to show it the next time
- Cookies allowing us to follow up your preferences
Our uses of Cookies fall into the following general categories:
- Advertising- or Targeting-Related. We may use first-party or third-party Cookies to deliver content, including ads, relevant to your interests, on our Service or on third-party sites.
How to block cookies.
You may stop or restrict the placement of cookies and other tracking technologies, such as pixel tags. You do this by blocking them on your device or by removing them and adjusting preferences on your browser. This may vary from device to device and from browser to browser.
Please see the links below for guidance on how to modify your web browser’s settings on the most popular browsers:
Once you correctly block cookies on your browser, parts of the website may become unavailable to you or may otherwise not function properly.
How to opt-out of third-party cookies and targeted ads.
To opt out of tracking analytics placed by Google, you can opt out by using this form. This works for all websites that use Google’s services to track and gather analytics data.
To understand and responsibly manage cookies that enable interested-based ads we strongly recommend that you go to the website of the Digital Advertising Alliance (DAA) or to the website of the Network Advertising Initiative (NAI).
To learn more, please visit https://youradchoices.com/ . Many of our third-party service providers that serve interest-based advertisements to you across our services are members of the Network Advertising Initiative (NAI), or they follow the DAA’s Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising. You can choose to opt-out directly from these third parties by visiting their opt-out pages on the NAI website (http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/ ) and DAA website (http://www.aboutads.info/choices/ ). However, please note that if you “opt-out” you will keep seeing links and online advertisements; however, they will not be specifically targeted to you or tailored to your interests.
Information for California Residents
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) applies to information collected from California residents. Residents of California have the following rights with regard to their personal information:
The Right to Know and Access Information
The categories of personal information we collect is described above in the section entitled “Information We Collect.” California residents may submit a verifiable request regarding the information collected, the types of sources from which personal Information is collected, the purposes for which information is collected, and the specific personal information collected about them.
The Right to Have Personal Information Deleted
The Right To Portability
California residents may request a copy of their personal information in a format that can be transferred to another person or entity.
The Right to Non-Discrimination
We may not discriminate against you if you exercise your privacy rights.
Exercising Your Rights
California residents can exercise the above privacy rights by emailing us at email@example.com.
Verification: in order to protect your personal information from unauthorized access or deletion, we may ask you to provide additional personal information for verification. If we cannot verify your identity, we will not provide or delete your personal information.
Authorized Agents: you may submit a request to know or a request to delete your personal information through an authorized agent. If you do so, the agent must present signed written permission to act on your behalf and you may also be required to independently verify your identity with us and confirm that you have provided authorization to te agent.
California “Shine the Light” Disclosures
Pursuant to California Civil Code Section 1798.83(c)(2), California law requires us to inform California residents who have provided us with personal information that they may request information from us about our disclosures to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To request this information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Unless specifically requested, we ask that you not send us, and you not disclose on or through our websites or otherwise to us sensitive personal Information unless specifically requested by us or required by law.
Mail: 2003 Wilson Street, Unit 2, Austin, TX 78704